The Not-for-Landfill Campaign was created by One Stop Waste Solutions Ltd, Aberdeen, and is supported by local organisations including Befriend a Child, Eco-Cleen Aberdeen, Keenan Recycling, & Wood Recyclability.
We joined the campaign for a number of different reasons including:
• To help further reduce the amount of waste that goes to landfill sites in the North East of Scotland.
• To promote and support the great work that Local Enterprises are doing to reuse, repair and recycle
• To provide a local network where businesses and organisations can share their own experiences in avoiding landfill.
• To support the Scottish Government's own “Zero Waste” (to landfill) objectives.
• To highlight our own core values and celebrate 10 years as a Not-for-Landfill company
Ultimately, the campaign is seeking like-minded organisations to support the campaign by taking the “Not-For-Landfill Pledge”
Our Landfill Savings at Rejuven8
As of june 2016 the figure to your left is our total weight in tons of what we at Rejuven8 Repairs Limited have prevented from being added to Scotlands landfill sites and this figure will be updated regularly.
This huge amount of savings has been made throughout the ten different sectors that we are currently completing repairs in on a daily basis, from repairs to cast iron baths for our housing association clients to making repairs to external aluminium cladding panels within the construction industry and even making repairs to granite all over Scotland.
Prevent, Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
The waste hierarchy helps to explain how avoiding landfill can help your business, from preventing items being put to waste being the most cost effective to the items being sent to landfill being the most expensive option. As a multi surface repair service Rejuven8 Repairs Limited find our services covering over three steps in the hierarchy. We reduce, reuse and recycle through our cosmetic repairs saving our clients on huge costs but also saving the items being added to landfill. Could your business benefit from learning more about waste disposal or could you help the campaign reach its goals?
Take the Pledge and be part of something special
1. Seek ways to avoid landfill sites as being the destination for our waste e.g. "Reduce, Re-use, Repair, Recycle".
2. Segregate key recyclable materials including: Metals; Plastics; Glass; Paper and Card.
3. Investigate organic waste composting & recycling e.g. Food Waste.
4. All our Waste Electrical or Electronic Equipment (WEEE) to be Re-used, Repaired and/or Recycled.
5. Consider re-using, recycling and treatment options for our Hazardous wastes.
6. Share best practice and any successes or challenges in our quest to avoid landfill.
7. Create a working environment that is conducive to effective waste management.
8. Ensure our waste management systems support our environmental and commercial objectives (e.g. ISO14001, Duty of Care, Cost Reductions etc)